View The 2020 Agenda Below:
Thursday, June 25, 2020
Registration and Morning Coffee in the Exhibition and Networking Area
Chairman's Welcome Address
Panel Discussion - Best Practice for In-House IP Counsel: Invention Harvesting
Increasing Innovation with Diversity in Corporates
- Practical Ways to Encourage more Diversity in Innovation Activities in your Company
- The Impact of a Broad Invention Pool: Assessing the Benefits of Young and Old, Different Educational Backgrounds, Men and Women, and Differing Life Experience
- Patent Box in the UK: 7 Years On
- US and Europe Patent Box Results Who uses Patent Box now?
- What is Considered Best Practice in using the Scheme?
- Has Patent Box Encouraged Innovation in British Companies?
- Have UK Patent Attorneys Benefited from Patent Box?
- Might the Patent Box Scheme Change Again as a Result of Brexit?
Morning Coffee & Networking in the Exhibition Area
Global Artificial Intelligence Inventorship
- Patentable Subject Matter in Europe: The European Patent Office Position UK IPO update
- Assessing Current Developments in the US and China
- Detectability of Infringements – Why are People Filing Patents for Things They’ll Never Know are Infringed?
- What Clarity do we need from the Global Patent Offices?
- Insights from the WIPO consultation
- Case Law Based AI Patentability Guidelines from the EPO
- Are Computer-Implemented Simulations in Principle Patentable?
- Does the Nature of the System or Process Simulated Matter?
- What Form should a Claim to a Simulation Take?
- Patentability of Computational Modelling Internationally: A Multi-Jurisdictional Assessment
- Focus on The European Patent Office (EPO) Enlarged Board of Appeal Case in G1/19-CONNOR/Pedestrian Simulation
- Latest USPTO Guidance on Computer-Implemented Simulations
Assessing the Growing Relevance of the US PTAB Process: Predictions for the Coming Year
Lunch and Networking in the Exhibition Area
Roundtable Discussion Groups
Protecting Computer-Implemented Simulations
How to Leverage Patents for Business Success: Licensing Strategies
Managing Your Outside Counsel: Domestic and International
Best Practice in Patent Portfolio Management
Writing Robust Patent Applications
Technology Patents Open Table: Solving Corporate Counsel Challenges
Patenting Artificial Intelligence
Best Practice in Invention Harvesting
Afternoon Tea and Networking in the Exhibition Area
How is the Doctrine of Equivalents Being Applied in Tech and Engineering Cases, since the Supreme Court Decision in Actavis v Eli Lilly?
Key Developments in Global Standards Essential Patents
- Litigation Availability of SEP Licenses in the Supply Chain
- Valuation and Pricing of SEPs
Royalty Stacking and its Impact on 5G/IoT Technology Developments and Deployments
In-house Counsel Day-to-Day Challenges in Securing and Protecting
- What do Corporate Attorneys want from their Private Practice Counterparts?
- How can the Two Sides Work Together Effectively?
Chairman’s Closing Comments and Networking Drinks